PC Performance feels downgraded/Slow/Games lagging/Frames freezes/Crashes-BSOD

• Thread starter Thread starter Freed0mPlayer96
  • Start date Start date
F

Freed0mPlayer96

It seems as though my entire gaming PC has taking a huge fall in performance. It starts off with transferring files from SSD/Phone to the internal hard drive.

Normally it would take 15-20mins for a large file to transfer.Now the speed has droped to 300KBs saying it will take 8 hours for a 4gb file...This then leads to the whole PC performing completely slow. web browsing, windows explorer crashing. BSOD.

Also recently I've noticed how games I normally play such as GTA V and even COD: Black Ops 1 (it took 1min to exit out the game and that was via task manager) are lagging and freezing for a moment every now and then.

I've got the latest drivers & software installed for my RADEON RX 5700 XT to go along with my RYZEN 7 3700X CPU. So I don't know what's triggered this issue all of sudden.

Some have said that it has nothing to do with my GPU/CPU/Mobo and that it's either a virus/malware (I've scanned my PC with AVAST it seems fine to me) or SSD/HDD is dying, which I find hard to believe tbh. It feels like my whole PC is f**ked to the point where selling is the only option I can think of at this point... It wasn't like this before and it's starting to really f**king annoy me. Help please!

My Main PC specs: CPU:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor x 16 ‎(3.59Ghz)‎
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT ‎(PS5.0/VS5.0)‎
  • VRAM: 8GB

Continue reading...

Back