PC keeps crashing with the "Thread stuck in device driver" error code and nothing works

• Thread starter Thread starter WillemHofkens
  • Start date Start date
W

WillemHofkens

So, since a few months ago my pc has been crashing. It went to a BSOD just a few times and then I got the error message "Thread stuck in device driver". Most of the times though I'm just playing a game and out of nowhere the screen goes black and the fans of my GPU (which is an AMD Gigabyte VEGA 64 btw) ramp all the way up. Often I still have people on Discord at those moments who can still hear and understand me after the crash, but I have no video signal at all. Then I boot up again and everything would be normal for another few hours until it crashes again. Sometimes I can go days without a crash, sometimes it's minutes.

I do however have a lot of dmp files of these cashes and after analyzing them I'm none the wiser. It keeps saying that my dxgkrnl.sys has caused a crash two other times it says that the cause is unknown. I've tried about every method I could find on the internet, except fully reinstalling my pc. I have reinstalled all drivers I have ran DX-utility, I have reseated my GPU, I have tried fixing it in my GPU settings and I went to all kinds of ancient forum sites on **** AMD drivers.

Here's the dmp files in a zipped folder: File on MEGA

Could anybody please help me with this and take a look at my dmp files?

Continue reading...