Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working

• Thread starter Thread starter ScottChristopher
  • Start date Start date
S

ScottChristopher

At our company we have a Windows 7 computer that has a shared drive. Everyone in the company has access to it. Last week I lost access to this shared drive.

When I click on the mapped drive I get the message, "An error occurred while connecting to S: to \\server name\shared folder name. Microsoft Windows Network: The handle is invalid."

I am the only one that has this issue; everyone else still has access. I have tried to access it by the name and IP address, but I get the message, "Windows cannot access \\server name\ Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network."

I still have access to other shared drives within our network. One thing that I see is, when I open "Network" in windows explorer, I only see PC's I don't see any of my servers. I have to access the servers by server name or IP address.

I even did a system restore to before the last round of Windows Updates, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try to regain access to this shared drive.

Thank you for your help!!!

Scott Christopher

IT Manager

Struthers-Dunn LLC

Continue reading...

Back