My laptop runs super slow when plugged in

• Thread starter Thread starter HerreraM
  • Start date Start date
H

HerreraM

I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs3065cl, Windows 10 Pro, Intel core i7 10th gen, 1TB SSD Nvme brand new bought in November 2020 and since the very start I noticed it would run slow in some moments but I truly didn't paid attention to it until now that it's become quite frustrating to work when it goes so slow since I'm constantly working over the phone and people can barely hear me and I can barely hear them. This laptop shouldn't be playing me like this I'm not quite sure what could it be.

Recently I noticed that it happens when I plug in charger. And it would run ridiculously slow for HOURS until it does not anymore. Even while plugged in it would go back to normal after some time, after whatever is going on is over. But when unplugged I don't believe I've ever seen it running slow which caught my attention.

See below four screenshots, first one when starting my computer and while unplugged. Everything would be just fine...

8d55954a-60e1-4bae-a50e-530bc93c8880?upload=true.png

You may see kind of high CPU activity but even so the laptop would run smooth. After sometime, while still being unplugged activity would decrease and still running smooth.

48fe7c64-19da-4a7f-8db6-30715b5d4427?upload=true.png
However, when I plug in the AC charger, system processes would skyrocket and it would start running slow like hell...

3def2863-c48c-4554-9074-f040445237ca?upload=true.png

At this point everything I type would take years to be shown on screen, windows and tabs would take forever to open, if scrolling down on a page would charge images and texts after centuries and is at this point where I'm THIS close to stamp my laptop against the wall c:

But, if I decide to unplug it again it would go like if it's never gone crazy before...

32544757-2a5b-41c5-88a0-0877bb5bec12?upload=true.png

So I'm having real concerns and issues here with my laptop's behavior and I would like to know what's going on and how can I fix. I would truly appreciate you guys.

PS: BTW, like I previously said, even when still plugged in it would back to normal after some time, even hours. Not sure why.

Continue reading...