My computer suddenly runs all games slowly

• Thread starter Thread starter ErickKao
  • Start date Start date
E

ErickKao

Hi, as the title says, my computer suddenly runs all of my games slowly. Normally, I play Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead. Both of these games are incredibly old, so I would understand why they wouldn't perform optimally, but I have a very specific set of in-game settings that ensures I run both of these games at 60 frames per second, at the very least. Last night, I accidentally left my laptop on the main menu of one of these games but did have any other programs open. I had installed an update on 10/11, but everything was fine. I wake up later that day, open up my games, and all of a sudden, I couldn't play for more than 30 seconds without my computer freezing and looping sounds like there was no tomorrow.

I did everything I could to try and solve the problem. I restarted my laptop. I uninstalled the graphics cards and driver, restarted my laptop, then reinstalled them again. I even tried to restore my computer to a state before I updated the computer, but it failed and almost bricked my computer when it was stuck in a loop of "Preparing Automatic Repairs." Luckily, my computer managed to bounce back, but the issue still persists. I cannot run any of these 2 games, despite doing all these things, setting their graphics to the lowest-possible setting, and doing almost everything I could find off the internet.

Continue reading...

Back