My computer bluescreens every time I bump/pick up my laptop -- what can I do?

• Thread starter Thread starter Willzholl
  • Start date Start date
W

Willzholl

Hello. I have a dell latitude 7280, and every time I pick it up or bump it, it bluescreens on me. It's bluescreened on me more than 10 times in the past month. This all started about 3 months ago, when my hard drive went out. I replaced it, reinstalled windows, and everything was good from there until about a month later, when my computer started bluescreening. I wiped the thing and reinstalled windows, and everything was great again. Then, a few weeks later, my computer was suddenly super slow and buggy one morning, and I spent 3 hours trying to load a simple program. I ended up wiping it, again, and reinstalled windows. I also took my computer apart as much as I could, and put it back together. After I did that, my computer went 2 weeks without bluescreening, and everything was fine. However, from that point to now, my computer continues to bluescreen every time I pick it up or bump it. (note, given that i've wiped my computer 3-4 times in the past 3 months, I figure this is probably a hardware issue, but I'm not sure how to diagnose/figure out what the problem is). --> Here is a list of the bluescreen errors I've gotten ever since I replaced the hard drive 3 months ago:

IQRL not less or equal

Kernal security check failure

memory management

PFN list corrupt

CLFS.sys

Driver overran stack buffer

Also note that I've gotten a different bsod error every time my computer has bluescreened, but each consists of one of the following in the list I just described.

--Here is a link to a google drive video of the issue occurring:

IMG_6114.MOV

With all this in mind, my big question is, what do I do to stop this annoying problem? Is it a hardware issue like I suspect? How can I diagnose and pinpoint the problem? I've already run cmd checks on my disk and stuff to check for software issues and the health of the hard drive, but I'm starting to wonder if this is hardware and not software (like maybe a memory/ram issue, or cpu, or something). Its funny, my warranty expired on this laptop just DAYS before my hard drive failed, and with it came future problems. Of course.

Anyway, all help appreciated. I'm a student in college, and I'd really can't buy a new laptop right now, so I'd really like to figure out what the problem is and hopefully fix it.

Thx,

Will H

Continue reading...

Back