Microphone not working, only works on listen in properties and windows settings.

• Thread starter Thread starter JosephLin5
  • Start date Start date
J

JosephLin5

Hi,

I have just bought a new XLR condenser microphone and phantom power supply, and recently hooked everything up. I plugged the XLR cord into the microphone, and the other end into the power supply. I plugged the power plug for the supply in, and connected it to my computer using a XLR to 3.5 mm cable. This way of setting up my mic is recommended in the description of the microphone itself (UHURU XM-900). The first problem I ran into was trying to get it to work on discord. There was no detection and nothing was being played back when I did the test. I went to google and went to several different sites and had the same problem. To get even the slightest indication that it works, I have to blow into the mic or yell. The only thing my mic seems to be working with is when I go into my windows microphone settings, the blue bar goes up and it detects input. If I go further and go to the listen tab under the additional device properties button, I can hear myself perfectly. I have troubleshooted for a couple hours and can't seem to figure out the issue.

I have:

. Gone to privacy and made sure everything has access

. Made sure the device isn't disabled

. Increased the dB, which only makes my mic give lots of static/feedback and muffles my voice to the point that I can't understand what I'm saying

. Turned on noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation

. Checked everything under exclusive mode

. Increased the default format to the maximum hz

. Made sure the volume was 100

. Updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled and reenabled my drivers

. Restarted my computer multiple times

. Made sure my input and output was correct everywhere, including in settings, discord, app volume and device preferences, etc.

. Plugged it into both the front and back of my computer, and selected at is a microphone

. Updated Windows

. Made sure in the mixer that the volume was increased

I am at a loss for what else to do. The only two other things that I could possibly think of were that there were drivers that I need to install, or that the migration failure is the cause. I looked all over the internet for drivers for my XM-900, but couldn't find any. When I went to update, it said that drivers are not needed or that I haven't loaded them. For the migration failure, I have uninstalled the device and restarted my computer, and typed a command into the command prompt as administrator, yet I am quite sure migration still failed.

Anything anyone else could possibly think of would be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea of how to fix this.

Continue reading...

Back