Micro SD card has to be assigned letter everytime plugged in, still shows in file explorer upon unpluggin.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gage Iannitelli
  • Start date Start date
G

Gage Iannitelli

I have a micro sd card that's acting very funkily. To start, whenever it's plugged in, the windows device-connected sound plays, but it doesn't show up in file explorer along with my ssd and hard drive. To fix this, I have to go into disk management and it shows up as disk 1 partition 3, and i have to assign it a letter. Afterwards, then it shows up in my file explorer. Looking through and managing files works just fine.

Upon unplugging, it makes the device-disconnected windows sound, but it still shows in my file explorer and upon clicking on it, it says fe47ede8-c825-4d49-98d4-eb1910905581?upload=true.png

The only way for me to remove this from my list of devices and drives is to restart my computer.

If I want to plug it into my computer again, the cycle continues from the top. Is this a problem with the sd card? Or maybe a problem with windows? I have another different brand micro sd card that works just fine with the same sd card reader, so it's not the reader's problem.

Continue reading...

Back