Manage updates with Group Policy Editor vs GUI Pause/Defer

• Thread starter Thread starter DCBonne
  • Start date Start date
D

DCBonne

Hello all. Per a discussion with Martmcd I used Group Policy Editor to set my updates in “Configure Automatic Updates” to option 2= “Notify for download and auto install”. I will see how it behaves after patch Tuesday. I wanted to see the updates that were being offered and decide whether to download or not. Before making this change I had GUI based update pause/deferal set for November 1 for Cumulative update and 200 days for feature update. If I leave these settings in effect will there be a conflict between GPEDIT settings and GUI Defer/Pause settings? Going forward which method would be a better update strategy in the long run? I am running a 2020 Spectre x360 13 with Win10 Pro Version 1909 and am still learning this OS. Still using my Win7 XPS Desktop for heavier computing and no internet usage other than security suite and some program updates. I know that Win7 becomes more vulnerable and less stable with time, but I still love it, especially while I am in the Win10 learning curve. It’s just so much more user friendly.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back