Main Windows 10 account lost admin rights for a PC I bought with Windows installed on it

• Thread starter Thread starter JulienPleutre
  • Start date Start date
J

JulienPleutre

Hi,

I use a PC with Windows 10 installed on it. My Windows account was connected to my hotmail (MS) email address.
My account was the only one present on this PC and it used to have admin privileges.

Last week, i changed my account settings from remote (connected to my hotmail account) to local.
Then I changed my Windows password.

Since today, I noticed that my local account lost the administrator privileges, and I am no longer able to perform ANY action that requires administrator privileges.

To try to solve this issue, I reset my Windows account from local to remotely connected to my hotmail account. This worked but now my account has still not recovered to an admin one (still a user).

Request :
Could you please give me back the admin privileges I lost, since I bought this PC and the Windows 10 license with it ?

Additional info :
After I noticed my Admin account was now a User one :
- I noticed that my MS hotmail recovery address (which was my former ISP email account) was outdated since this was my former ISP and that I switched for another ISP about 2 months ago.
I tried to change it for an address I can log onto, but the email I received from MS read that it would apply only within a month. So now I can no longer use Windows.
- Please remind that I can no longer make any action that requires admin privileges, (I found on the Internet some very stupid answers, e.g.here Lost administrator account on Windows 10).

- I addressed my request 3 days ago by email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Still having no answer, whence the present topic.

Continue reading...

Back