Keyboard, mouse, and display freezing

• Thread starter Thread starter pnetrick
  • Start date Start date
P

pnetrick

I have a problem when I am trying to access an app or, while in an app where the mouse pointer will freeze and then after a few seconds will begin to move according to what ever moves I had done while it was frozen. Using the buttons on the mouse will also freeze then after some time will eventually work. Placing the pointer over a field which "highlights" when the pointer hovers over it at times takes time to work. Keyboard entries will pause during input and then catch up with words missing sometimes. If I completely shut down and restart, the problem does not occur immediately. Sometimes it takes 30 mins or more for it to manifest itself and other times it takes an hour or so before it occurs. This problem used to manifest itself after several days but has gotten much worse in that it happens very quickly. At it's worse, when I am inputting data and the display freezes, I can tell when it is going to "unfreeze" by watching the display "blink" several times in data fields in forms are located. The entire display doesn't blink, just those fields. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes show no threats. Updates are up-to-date.

Dell Inspiron 3252, Intel(R) Pebtium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.6 GHZ, 8 GB RAM

Any solution here?

Continue reading...