Issues with Audio interface not being being recognised as wrong device or not at all

• Thread starter Thread starter RickySantospt
  • Start date Start date
R

RickySantospt

Until recently I have been using my Bahringer UMC22 audio interface without any issues.
it would appear as a "USB Composite Device" and use the usb audio codec as it driver.

However today it has started to show up as "unknown USB device (port reset failed) in device manager.

At first I believed it to be a hardware issue as the device is getting quite old with lots of daily use but trying it on a laptop I own on the same update version of windows leaves it work perfectly as usual.

I then followed some instructions to set the device back to "USB Composite Device" but that seems to lead back to the same problem of port reset failed.

after a few tried of this it eventually stuck to it but quickly after changed to being a software component on device manager under the name "A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component" which I originally thought to be some software updating in the back ground but upon unplugging the audio interface it would grey out.

I have since even tried a fresh install of windows with all updates and the problem persist of either port reset failed or A-Voluet Nh3....

I was just wondering if there is a way to force it to stay as usb composite device and then also force it back to using the USB Audio Codec Drivers that come with window stock.

Some additional information

1. The audio interface does not use its own proprietary drivers just stock windows ones
2. I have tried ALL the usb ports

3. The Audio interface works on all other computers I have Access to try, 4 in total
4. Same problems on a fresh install of windows on the same hardware
5. All the hardware is fairly new. eg. ryzen 5 3600xt, b550 motherboard, 16gb ram...ect. But this is not a result of a change in hardware, audio interface has previously worked with all the same components
6. All other drivers are up to date and the computer has no other "obvious" faults
7. I have tried a friends audio interface which works in a similar fashion and their's has worked, however, their audio interface does use its own proprietary drivers to work.

If anyone can help me out I would sincerely appreciate it. Its not life or death situation but it is something I use often enough and the alternative is to buy a new audio interface for the computer which feels like an awful waste to me.

Continue reading...

Back