Issues removing old automapped profiles from outlook 2016

• Thread starter Thread starter KeroBPer
  • Start date Start date
K

KeroBPer

Hi,

I am having an issue removing several old auto mapped exchange mailboxes from a users profile on outlook 2016

Environment is Exchange 2013 Hybrid with Exchange online.

For illustrative purposes I will talk about attempts to remove 1 mailbox but I have done all the following for 6+ mailboxes on this users profile

User with issue is an Exchange Organisation admin (User A)

'User A' had permissions granted before being moved to Exchange online, access permissions removed after migration

Permissions were added via ECP by granting full access to User A on user B's mailbox

steps I have tried

• Removed 'Full Access' permissions for user A via ECP - did not auto remove
  • Attempted to remove via PowerShell on premise and PowerShell online - I just get a 'permissions don't exist to be removed' warning message
  • right click and click remove on additional User B mailbox in User A's outlook - get the error saying its auto added and cant be removed this way
  • go into account settings and look for addition mailboxes to remove - no additional mailboxes in here
  • I have ran get-mailboxpermissions powershell script both on premise and online to list 'User A's' mailbox permissions and they have none currently assigned.
  • Added permissions again via powershell and then removed again to rule out ECP issue.

Looks to be an issue with Outlook 2016

Can anyone experienced this issue before and resolved or can shed any light on this one?

Continue reading...

Back