Is there any way to reject a Windows Update and stop it from installing ?

• Thread starter Thread starter PetarSpasov1
  • Start date Start date
P

PetarSpasov1

Hey everybody

Last couple of months Windows Updates have caused nothing but issues for me.
Last month after shutting down my laptop, it had to update, so I let it be and didn't think much of it.

Trying to start up the laptop the following day I was welcomed by an amazing message which said that no bootable device could be found.
After checking out what the issue was and trying various "solutions" I found out my SSD is basically dead.

Now if I had moved the laptop around, taken it anywhere or did something unusual to it, I'd give the update the benefit of the doubt, even though it's not the first time I am experiencing something similar, however it was stationary for the last couple of weeks and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Of course I wasn't happy about it but what could I do except buy a new SSD, throw the bad boy in the machine and install some Windows on top of it. Luckily I had a backup and not a lot of data was lost in the process of frying my old SSD.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get another update.
Long story short I experienced more BSOD in the past 24 hours, than in the last couple of years.

It's safe to say that at this point it's getting pretty annoying to constantly have to worry what may go wrong with the next update.

My question here is, is there any way to forcefully cancel, stop, remove etc. etc. updates ?

Thank you for your help !

Continue reading...

Back