Intermittent Freezes Due to High Disk Usage

• Thread starter Thread starter AndrewH_931
  • Start date Start date
A

AndrewH_931

Hello, so I built my Windows computer about a year ago and I've been having this issue ever since and I haven't been able to fix it despite numerous attempts. The situation is that about every hour the applications on my computer will freeze for about 10 seconds. I can move my cursor around and talk to others in voice chat, but I can't interact with anything. Then, after about 10 seconds everything will return back to normal.

I've run diagnostic tests on every piece of hardware and found no issues. I've reinstalled Windows at least twice. I've tried looking into the event logs without anything conclusive. And I've disabled a ton of various services. None of this seemed to help, but if there is anything specific you think I should try again, I am happy to do it.

I have noticed, however, that when this event occurs the disk usage jumps to 100%, specifically my C drive. I really don't know what could be causing this, there is no process with high usage in task manager. I checked the Resource Monitor and couldn't see anything helpful either. I also don't have a good understanding of it, but the highest active time for disk activity is always spiked to 100% during these events, which I don't understand because the transfer rate is 0 KB/sec. I would really appreciate any help with finding a solution to this problem, I don't know what else to try. To help with this I attached three images, one with nothing strange occurring, one during an event, and one after. Thank you in advance for your time and please let me know if I can submit anything else to help.

9618a194-57b8-4094-bc4d-92f7be480ca2?upload=true.png8f5c5569-0906-4d1c-ae2c-9348f3bc3052?upload=true.png

f0b6f929-64bb-4976-b963-2760e8548ef5?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back