I have a Windows 7 Pro product key sticker on my PC I bought, is it legal for me to use it and can I download Windows7 iso from heidoc?

• Thread starter Thread starter aiyodev
  • Start date Start date
A

aiyodev

Hello guys, so I bought a PC which is a lenovo prebuilt, it is an older machine, on the side panel of the case, there is the oem Windows 7 pro product key, it's not scraped off, I can read it with ease. Is it legal for me to use this product key, because I bought the machine but the sticker was left on it ? And when I enter this prioduct key on the Windows 7 iso download page from microsoft, I get an error that I need the OEM version of windows installed and not use this regular ISO. Can I use the tool from heidoc or this TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1) to download Windows 7 Pro iso and use my product key? ( is it legal )

tldr

1. Can I use the product key for Windows which I have on the side panel of the case, is it legal for me to do that, because the PC is in my possession right now, I bought it for 150$ from a guy, it's not a stolen machine or anything?

2. Can I use this product key to activate a retail Windows 7 installation?

3. Can I use the tool from heidoc or from TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1) to download a Win7 Pro iso from the official microsoft servers because I can't get to the download link when I enter my OEM product key on the official Windows 7 Download Page ? ( is it legal )

Thank you in advance !

Continue reading...

Back