I don't know "why" I'm messing with Win 10 Pro x64

• Thread starter Thread starter RonaldPeterson
  • Start date Start date
R

RonaldPeterson

1st of all, I'm duel booting with Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro, both x64 bit...

I hadn't fired up Win 10 for a long time, when I got the bug to at least keep it up dated, even though I never use it... Win 7 is default OS for WMC...

So yesterday, 3/5/2019 I fired it up to updated it, it didn't seem to be doing anything oblivious, so I looked at the history and asked for help, it said to "press update now", as I've set everything to NOT auto update ever...

After watching it flash by me trying to download several updates at once, it finally said " there were updates pending" to restart, so I did that... After waiting at the shutdown screen for a good 10 mins, I figured it had hung, so I pressed the reset button...

Then when it restarted, everything went crazy, file checking all the drives until it came back to the OS screen to select OS, I chose Win 10 again and it started, I went to update and it says: " initializing update" then stops at 80% for the "feature update 1809"... I used edge to see what 1809 was and it seems to be a 4gb update, so I then went to file explorer to see if all my drives were there and it seems to have a double of each drive letter and it's totally foreign to the old file explorer, so I'm just looking at all the entries, and I click on one to see if the drive comes up... The busy cursor comes on and on and on, so I use task manager to stop the task, then file explorer is "not responding" and won't shut down, so I wait, and I wait...

Finally pressing reset, and going through check disk again, and again, it reset itself a couple of time before finishing all the drive volumes and I went back to Win 7...

I have drive letters: C: H: (for 2ea SSD RAID0 with 2 volumes), Win 7 & Win 10, and letters D: E: (2ea 3 TB RAID0 for 2 volumes), F: for a drive pool and G: as the DVD...

There's more to this story, but won't go into it, needless to say I fired up Win 10 after researching update 1809, with flash drive in hand to manually update the installation, but now I'm getting an error code 0xc000000f and Win 10 won't start, it reset itself and it won't start and it went through check disk again a couple of times before booting Win 7...

So, what gives with this POS? Have I lost the installation of Win 10, need to clean install it? I've prepared a stick drive with Win 10 Oct 2018 version and I still have my old stick drive I used in the initial install, which stick will get me going again?

I understand that the OS install code is one time use, is this correct?

Continue reading...

Back