I am a Admin User of Win8 but do not have full rights

• Thread starter Thread starter teamcorvette
  • Start date Start date
T

teamcorvette

Hi,

I hope someone can instruct me how to fix this mess on a Acer laptop running Windows 8

I have 2 problems

1. Never turned on was windows update so I thought I was doing a better and turned it on

After many updates done, I went to turn off the auto Windows update and was flagged as not having full admin rights :-(

I am the only user of laptop and looking at my account which is set local I am a admin

I tried doing other functions and also get popups saying I do not have admin rights :-(

I look at the user account and says local admin so nothing I can change there to fix the problem

I also tried changing rights to directories or files and also flagged as not having full admin rights

If you please let me know how to fix this, what process is needed to do so or some program to use to fix

my rights as full admin and control of the laptop ?

Or some program to use, and where to get it to fix this ?

2. Do not know if this is part of rights problem but I also have Windows Office Enterprise, version 7 ( yes older)

I can load a template I made that works on all my other P/Cs with no problems or completed Excel files I did on other P/Cs that were done with the templates and it does not allow me to even change color or content of spreadsheet and other functions

( I think when auto updates were done it also made updates to MS Office 2007 )

I went into Excel options and cannot find anything that would limit what I could do in a spreadsheet, I even turned off security and allow MACRO to be used but nothing fixes this

I can take the same template of Excel file to another P/C and they function just fine, same MS office 2007 version

How can I resolve this as I cannot find any function within Excel to fix this ?

Lastly, anyway to turn OFF that Microsoft Stores function as it is always trying to run and sucking up CPU and memory ?

Many Thanks .. JR

Continue reading...

Back