How to update from 1903 to 1909 (not 2004)

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnTCI
  • Start date Start date
J

JohnTCI

My wife's Asus All-in-One PC updated to Win 10 2004 in June and everything crashed . . . it wouldn't even boot. I read a little about the issue and assumed that it may have been a driver issue. However, I'm no computer expert and it took me 3 days to solve it by reverting to 1903.

Yesterday she received a message that support for 1903 was expiring and will no longer receive updates (or words similar).

Therefore, I would like to update her to 1909 (and wait a while longer for 2004). Unfortunately, her PC has already downloaded 2004 again and is just waiting for a restart (so I have temporarily paused updates for 7 days).

Tried MS Chat and Phone call to MS Support. They both recommended using Windows Media Creator (WMC) to reinstall Windows but can't tell me which version will be installed. The Chat person wrote, Quote: "Media tool will download the Windows 10 setup (May 2020) Version 1903" Unquote.

When I questioned this with, Quote: "I thought 2004 was May 2020 and 1903 was May 2019" Unquote, and asked for clarification, they vanished and left me holding on for over 30 minutes without responding to my messages.

The person on MS phone support didn't know and promised to ring me back . . . but, after 2 hours, hasn't.

Most grateful if someone can advise which version WMC will install and/or how to prevent it installing 2004.

Many thanks in advance

Continue reading...

Back