How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install (Win10 Home) on A Dual boot Machine with (Win10 Pro) without affecting Win10 Pro on SSD?

• Thread starter Thread starter VirtualDesk
  • Start date Start date
V

VirtualDesk

The Laptop I have came preinstalled with Win 10 Home (1909) on OEM. I then bought Win10 Professional and Installed on Separate Partition on SSD creating a Dual boot Machine. My question I have today is how to (Reinstall) or (Reset) or (Cleaninstall) My existing (Win10 Home OEM Install) without disrupting Dual Booted Windows 10 Professional which was installed after Win 10 Home Partition on SSD,

Additional Info - Windows 10 Home Came preinstalled on Laptop and activated on OEM with separate Microsoft accout

Win10 Pro was bought online with Serial Key and Activated through separate Microsoft account with Digital Licence.

This is my Issue. - with both Activated Windows editions (Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Home on Dual Booted SSD having all this activation On Dual booted Machine with both Win 10 Home & Win 10 Pro. What is the best possible way on not running into Complete loss of data or currupted SSD or any other issue's leading to Breakdown or unaccesible PC.

Would I have to Remove Windows 10 HOME OEM Activation somehow before proceding on Rienstalling, Resetting or Clean Installing Windows 10 HOME or just not do that??

One of my theory's on how to approuch this Issue is as follows

before I do any of this do I have to move (Win10 Pro) & (Win10 Home) (Serial key) off machine first to not confuse dual boot machine with both OEM Installs on my Dual boot machine, also do I have to mess with TPM and remove or reset??

-Start in Advanced startup, then choose Reset but only Wiping Data on Win 10 Home Partition and to my guess reinstalling win 10 Home without affecting Win 10 Pro Partition on Dual Boot machine?

-or Using Win 10 Iso and Changing UEFI Settings to boot USB with Win10 Home Iso, then at windows installation screen choose (Custom Install), delete the Partition which has Win 10 Home (1909), then install fresh copy of windows. Would this be possible to do without either confusing or affecting Win 10 Pro Partition?

-or Should I Just Delete/Format SSD erasing all Partitions, Boot Win 10 Home Through UEFI, so a fresh Install of Windows 10 Home first. after installation when in Win 10 Home Desktop Sighn In with Microsoft accout, activate Win 10 Home, then

Continue reading...

Back