How to Enable WOL on HP Elite 8300 SFF - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

• Thread starter Thread starter TechTable
  • Start date Start date
T

TechTable

Need help with getting WOL to work on HP Elite 8300 SFF Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS.

BIOS is updated to latest version 2.90. BIOS appears to be configured correctly. If I go into BIOS, verify settings, do save and exit, after system is down, do a soft power off with power button, THEN I can wake up PC using WOL from the management station. WOL Works as expected. WOL Works Well.

Once PC is booted into Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS, and PC is shutdown with Windows 10 Pro Start Menu, Power - Shut Down, THEN WOL does not wake up PC. So, appears to be a settings or settings in Windows 10 Pro.

Does any know the proper settings to enable WOL from OS shutdown for this hardware/software config?

PS. I have used GOOGLE search, read a lot of articles, tried many combinations, but none seem to work for me in this environment. Is very frustrating in having to deal with this..

WOL used to work well with Windows. I have HP Elite 8000 SFF Desktops with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS and WOL works. I am unable to find the difference in Windows Settings between the 8000 and the 8300.

The difference is the 8000 was original running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and were inplace upgraded to Windows 10 using Microsoft's new (at the time) policy. The HP 8300 is a new, fresh, install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on a new large hard drive.

Thanks for your help.

Continue reading...

Back