How to change Windows 10 system font to one from another one?

• Thread starter Thread starter yuispg
  • Start date Start date
Y

yuispg

I wanted to change Windows 10 font to "Yu Gothic UI Light", which is default font for Japanese-language Windows 10 system.

Recently I have changed the language of Windows 10 to English from Japanese. Before the changing, I was satisfied with the default font for Japanese, but now, the default font has been changed to English-compatible one automatically. I'm not satisfied with the one. that's why I tried to change the font.

I refered this URL Changing the default system font on Windows 10to change system font.

What I did to change system font by refering the URL are followings.

Save following registry script as font_changing.reg file and execute it, then re-login. ( first of all I wanted to change font to Cica font which is also one of Japanese-compatible font. )
```

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="Cica"

```

However It did not seems to success, the font viewing on text editor was same as previous one.
So next, I tried font changing by another named one, which is "Yu Gothic UI Light".
I did that save following registry script as font_changing.reg file and execute it, then re-login.

```

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="Yu Gothic UI Light"

```

After login, I checked font viewing on text editor, the viewing has been changed, but the one is pretty ugly. ( attached image )

I have no idea what should I do next. please help. Thanks.

1cb35b0e-7305-49df-ab98-6b80092b5258?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back