How does Microsoft not make it clear that returns of an exchange is not accepted?

• Thread starter Thread starter KaMishaKumarasri
  • Start date Start date
K

KaMishaKumarasri

I had ordered an HP Laptop 15 from the Microsoft store. The first laptop they sent me was defective: black screen, frozen computer, etc. All that can go wrong. I requested an exchange on the 2nd of February. After I shipped out the original laptop, they had given me no correspondence whether they received the laptop, or if they are sending me my new one. I called 2-3 times every couple of days to check-in, the operators had no idea and finally, FINALLY, they escalated the case. I received notification they were shipping the new laptop on the 24th of February, then received it on the 26th. Again the laptop is no good, and I asked to return it all together, I am tired of waiting on Microsoft. They told me they cannot return an exchanged item as it is not part of their policy. I said why isn't this clearly explained on the return page? They said there's nothing they can do, so here I am, a college student with a laptop that doesn't even work, and Microsoft basically just cheated me out of a laptop. And, their system has no idea on how to handle cases, even if you return an item, you'd have to wait a whole month to hear anything back and that's only if you proactively call and inquire. Worst customer care ever, especially from such a large and established company like Microsoft.

* Moved from Mobile Devices

Continue reading...

Back