How do I change the default (Windows 7) Paint "Save-as type" to JPG (from PNG) when saving...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee_47
  • Start date Start date
L

Lee_47

This is the 2nd time asking this same question, the 1st time I was given an irrelevant answer that wasn't helpful at all. Please take the time to read and fully understand what I am in need of before replying.

I just need to learn how to change the default format from PNG to JPG so whenever I save a screenshot using (only) the keyboard, it will already be showing JPG as the "Save as type". I'm pretty sure it requires a registry edit so just point me in the right direction and guide me on how to do it, that is all I need.

To help you understand my dilemma, I take lots of screenshots and Ctrl-V paste them into Paint practically everyday. Since my physical disabilities in my arms cause me pain and discomfort when I use the mouse, I avoid using the mouse, I use as many keyboard shortcuts as possible to help cut down on the constant pain I'm always in in my right arm when using the mouse. I hope I've explained in good enough detail.

If this is in the wrong area, please move it to a more appropriate location.

Thank you,

Lee

Continue reading...

Back