How can User disable the warning on Opening any attachment in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter glnzglnz
  • Start date Start date
G

glnzglnz

I’m a normal “User” at my law firm, and my PC now has Win 10 Pro 64-bit and Office 2016 32-bit.

Each time my Admins repair, reinstall or upgrade my Office, I have a recurring problem opening attachments from Outlook email. When I double-click on an attachment in an email, Outlook always FIRST prompts me “Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?”, and the option for “Always ask before opening this type of file” is checked but greyed out, so I cannot uncheck it. I don’t like being prompted. See THIS PICTURE

To let me uncheck the “Always ask” option, my Admins must first give me Admin status rights, and only then can I uncheck “Always ask before opening this type of file”. Then my Admins have to turn me back into a normal USer. That’s not so fast for them. Right now, one of my Admins had to spend more than an hour on this.

SO … is there any permanent setting or script they could run that would let me uncheck “Always ask before opening this type of file” without being an Admin myself?

Thanks.

glnzglnz
☺ In the office, Dell Optiplex 7040 with 8GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit and Office 2016
☻ At home, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit and Win 10 Pro 64-bit (both with Office 365 Home)
♥ Also still have Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM with Win XP Pro SP3 (which got updates through April 2019 with the POS hack) and Office 2003

Continue reading...

Back