How can I get Read permissions for all subfolders and files in a folder at once?

• Thread starter Thread starter ReiJohnston
  • Start date Start date
R

ReiJohnston

I have an old corrupt Windows folder that I am trying to delete from a hard drive. This is what the permissions settings for the folder looks like:

05946d31-91b9-44ad-8223-643e694dabac?upload=true.png

As you can see, both administrators and users have full control, applying to "This folder, subfolders, and files", allowing me to delete the folder and its contents.

However, when I go to the properties page of a subfolder or file in this folder, I see this:

640b2720-a282-4b62-879c-ab88c21f4126?upload=true.png

and when I click "Advanced" to go to the same permissions page as in my first image, it looks like this:

7cc2f1bc-4f66-4623-95c2-557be7594cf1?upload=true.png

Now, obviously I know that I can click continue here to get access to Read permissions for this single file. Unfortunately, this folder has over 200,000 files in it, so doing this individually for each file and folder one by one is not an option.

How can I get Read permissions for EVERYTHING in this folder at once, without having to go through each file one by one?

Do not suggest formatting the hard drive, or any other workaround that does not directly answer the exact question I am asking. The exact question I am asking, for which I want a direct answer, is "How I can get Read permissions for every subfolder and file in a folder at once?".

Continue reading...

Back