HELP!: Couple of issues - likely driver/Windows update: Headphone and Wireless connectivity lost in sleep mode, needs RESTART

• Thread starter Thread starter AdarshMishra02
  • Start date Start date
A

AdarshMishra02

Hi

I have been facing this issue now for 2 months; and Dell support weren't able to resolve this issue (have a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2 in 1).

The summary of the issue is simple. Every time my laptop goes to sleep (either by putting the lid down OR simply just screen locking); on resuming it:-

1. The headphone jack is not identified- irrespective of whether it is plugged in before going in sleep mode (and working) or not

2. Wireless connectivity gets lost (this is more intermittent than regular)

the issue is resolved simply by restarting the laptop- and that is really painful!

Following are the steps undertaken thus far:-

1. Have ensured am running the latest WIndows (Win 10 Home 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and both the Realtek audio (version 6.0.8984.1) and my wireless network adaptor driver ( Intel Wireless AC-9560 21.110.1.1) are up to date.

2. Gotten Dell diagnostics tests run by their support team- which confirms the laptop firmware and BIOS are all configured correct and its a software issue

3. Uninstalled the adapters and Audio drivers and reinstalled them through restart

4. tried reverting to previous versions of both.

5, Have ensured there are no bluetooth devices connected /paired with my machine (just in case there was a conflict)

could anyone please help, as this has become extremely frustrating!

regards

Ad

Continue reading...