Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryce H
  • Start date Start date
R

Ryce H

I have been struggling with getting my headphones microphone and audio playback to work at the same time (e.g. in a discord I can hear the others or I can talk to the others, not both at the same time). I have this issue with my Bose QC35ii headphones as well as my Beats Studio 3 Wireless. The only way that I have found around this issue is using the laptop's microphone and the headphones audio playback. Given that my headphones have both a better mic and better audio playback, I would like to use them for both. When the microphone is working, the headset's audio ambience changes so I know the microphone is working, and then when playback works the ambience changes back. So for example, if I am playing Spotify and hearing the audio, then I turn onto any program that uses the microphone, the song will continue to play but not be audible, and the microphone will begin to work. Using the Bose as an example, I have my audio output as "Bose QC35ii Stereo" and my audio input as "Bose QC35ii Hands-Free AG Audio". I know those settings are right since they both work, just not simultaneously. My headphones software is fully updated, and the drivers are fully up to date. Furthermore, when I use the headphones on my phone I can use the microphone and hear playback simultaneously. I have both the headphone stereo and hands free audio enabled and set as my default devices in the Sounds settings for "Playback" and "Recording" tabs. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back