Have I ruined my environment variables some how? Most programs launch with errors or dont launch at all!

• Thread starter Thread starter Dom_301
  • Start date Start date
D

Dom_301

Okay so I'm going to try and keep this as coherent as possible, but basically my computer has been acting incredibly strange. For example I'll launch a program like minecraft through the official minecraft launcher and it won't be able to find my java installation even though I specifically set the directory to the java installation. I tried launching minecraft through a third party launcher and it worked completely fine. Another Issue I get is with league of legends. Every other time I launch it I will have to reinstall it because if will repeatedly crash and the crash logs are empty. If I reinstal it, it'll work fine. Then on steam I get issues with another game where I launch it and I get some error saying "adobe air is not found" and I have to reinstall that game to fix it as well, even though It just breaks and I will have to keep re-installing it. An issue that happens more freqeuntly is not being able to launch any windows service programs without running as admin. (task manager, group policy editor, services, registry editor) I thought this might've been an Issue with my registry so I scanned it with CC Cleaner and another software and repaired all detected errors, but all the issues above still occur. To add more to the insanity I also factory reset the drive where I have windows installed, it TEMPORARILY fixed the problem until 30 minutes after where all the issues listed above started happening again. I can't entirely remember when these things started happening but I think It might've been when I installed malwarebytes and it detected hundreds of false positives for various programs including windows files as well. (anti-cheats for games and other non malicious files) I have no idea what step to take next. I thought about wiping all of my drives but I really really am hoping there is a better solution as my other drive has hundreds of gigabytes of data that I really cant afford to lose right now. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

I THINK THE CAUSE OF THIS MAY BE MY SYSTEM ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, I ADDED PYTHON TO THE PATH BUT AM NOT SURE IF THAT IS WHAT IS CAUSING IT.

Continue reading...

Back