Growing Backlog on DFS Server

• Thread starter Thread starter jeff199999
  • Start date Start date
J

jeff199999

We have 3 DFS servers in our network. Each is at a different site. Today we noticed that one of the servers isn't getting updates from the main server. I create a file on the main server but it never appears on Server B. I then discovered that there is about a 70000 file backlog for Server B. I tried restarting the replication service on both the main server and server B. I also checked the DFS Replication logs. I have these errors.

Event ID 4304: The DFS Replication service has been repeatedly prevented from replicating a file due to consistent sharing violations encountered on the file.

Event ID 4202: The DFS replication service has detected that the staging space in use for the replicated folder is above the high watermark.

These errors showed up about 2 days ago but haven't come up since then. I increased the staging space to 20gb as well. I did notice that server B can still replicate to the main server. It's just that the main server can't replicate to server B. Everything seems to be fine between Main server and server C. I am going to try rebooting the main server tonight to see if that makes any difference. I ran a health diagnostic report in DFS on server b and it came back clean. If I run the same report on main server, it tells me about event id 4304.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back