Game crashing followed by a BSOD repeatedly

• Thread starter Thread starter arthurdefauw
  • Start date Start date
A

arthurdefauw

Hi everyone who's going to help or just assist me in the resolution of this problem.

from a few days, I've been experiencing a lot of crashes and BSOD that always seem to come up the exact same way. I encounter no special error when using my laptop for daily tasks, but when I start to play videogames like FIFA, Rocket League or PC Building Simulator, I get the same sequence of events.

It starts with a kind screen freeze while in game or the game tabs out to desktop and I can't get back to the game. A few seconds after that, bam, BSOD. Always a hardware error first, followed by an unplanned shutdown. Here is what my problems reports say (It is in French but I guess you can easily understand it) :

Nom d’événement du problème : LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Paramètre 1: ffffa504d13e5010

Paramètre 2: fffff807519fbb7c

Paramètre 3: 0

Paramètre 4: 36a0

Version du système d’exploitation: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Produit: 768_1

Version du système: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 2060

So this is the harware error infos and now the BSOD one :

Nom d’événement du problème : BlueScreen

Code: 113

Paramètre 1: 19

Paramètre 2: 2

Paramètre 3: 10de

Paramètre 4: 1c20

Version du système d’exploitation: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Produit: 768_1

Version du système: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 2060

For both of them, everytime i get those crashes, Parameters 1 and 2 are the same, 3 and 4 seem to always differ.

I have a folder (WeTransfer) of the last 5 .dmp files from minidump I got (all of them from today)

dmp files/022721-10687-01.dmp and 4 more files

Sometimes after the reboot, I notice that the gpu I'm using for gaming (I have intel hd630 from cpu and a GTX 1060 for games and heavy software) is missing, like it got uninstalled by the crash, but this does not happen everytime. The message I get from Device Manager when this occurs is : "Windows stopped this device because it's having problems (code 43)" When installing the latest driver again, the GPU is labelled as normally functionning.

What I already tried multiple times with no succes :

-Uninstall and reinstall GPU drivers manually
-Uninstall Nvidia GeForce Experience

-Run a SFC scan

-Run a DISM health check

-Reinstall last windows update

-Fixing registry entries

-I tried to run stress test on GPU and it ended up not crashing or having visual artifacts (85°C max temp when testing but seems okay for a laptop GPU.

Here are my laptop specs for more information :

CPU : Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz

RAM : 8.00GB DDR4

GPU 0 : Intel HD Graphics 630

GPU 1 : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Laptop Model : N85_87HP6 (Clevo)
Of course I always play when plugged in to get full power for the CPU and GPU.

As the 7700HQ tends to overheat easily, I always have a bit of undervolting, never had any issue, but now you know.

That's a long post sorry for those who read it all ;-) and I hope someone can come up with an answer. Let me know if you need more specific infos.

Have a good time and stay safe during those hard times

Continue reading...