Fresh Win 10 Pro (Build 2004) Install on New HDD 500GB and New SSD 256GB - gets glitched screen when restarting

• Thread starter Thread starter RyuD Swift
  • Start date Start date
R

RyuD Swift

Hi, my first ever post.

Recently had a few issue with the current windows on my old 500GB hard drive. Drive is quite old (2008), had windows installed and I upgraded it over the years and now has been giving me issues. Drive scan with HD sentinel tells me it has 25 days left before it's completely out of commission.

Naturally I want to do a fresh install on a newer HDD (2016), so then I proceeded to use windows media tool to download Win Pro Build 2004 (after purchasing a licence as well). Used a USB as the install device. All goes well, it installs perfectly and when I finish up the install it did an update for my graphics driver and all. So I haven't installed anything yet. I shutdown, works perfectly normal. When I restart, it gets the logo and proceeds to boot up and after the logo with busy icon it goes black then I get a sort of Glitched screen (screen is sort of pixelated, rainbow colours) then hangs for a about 10 seconds and restarts. This is the infinite loop boot correct?

So I use the USB as a repair drive and get to cmd prompt to use bootrec commands to make sure it boots correctly. I even use diskpart to set the actual drive to active (no partitions on 500 gb yet).

That doesn't resolve the issue.

I thought maybe its to do with the SATA type of drive so then went and bought me an SSD 256GB. Guess what happens then? the exact same thing.

I even Re-downloaded the windows image and remade the bootable USB, re-fresh install.

I checked the drives with HD Sentinel, all is clear but time is running out for my current windows (23 days left and counting before my PC blows up).

Who else has had this issue and what else could I consider doing?

Any takers?

EDIT/UPDATE: I can get into safe mode so it has to be windows/software related right? I don't know what to do from then on though.

Continue reading...

Back