Frequent game crashes and BSODs

• Thread starter Thread starter Aquamuffo
  • Start date Start date
A

Aquamuffo

My PC has been suffering from just about every BSOD error code occasionally and nearly all of my games crash shortly after startup. This issue has persisted for a few weeks now, and I'm running out of options.

-The "sfc /scannow" command in Command Prompt is able to complete the verification phase then immediately displays "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

-I am unable to install any Windows updates, the updater keeps throwing the error code "0x80071a91".

-I have individually updated all of the drivers for all the devices in Device Manager.

-I have tried using the DISM functionality in Command Prompt, but it says that it cannot locate a source to repair the disk. I tried using both Windows Installation Media and the install.wim and install.esd on separate mounted USB drives as the source, but DISM still says it can't locate a source.

-I have tried to repair the PC on startup while booting from Windows Installation Media, to which I get the message "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC."

-I have checked both of my sticks of RAM individually as well as the RAM slots and they do not seem to be the issue. I have also run the memory checker with no issues detected.

-As a last resort, I wiped my SSD and did a completely fresh install of Windows 10 twice, and then repeated all the steps above both times.

-I have since updated my BIOS as well.

I assumed that a fresh install of Windows would completely solve these issues, but I guess not. I am fairly certain that it is not a hardware error, but I'm not sure what else it could be at this point.

To summarize, my games are only playable for around a minute before crashing and my PC has BSODs multiple times a day. I have exhausted all the options that I can find so far with no luck and I am at my wits' end. Does anyone have any other advice on how to fix this or what the issue could possibly be?

Continue reading...

Back