EVERYTHING on my computer has been completely wiped, my videos, photo, documents, favorites/reading list, wallpaper

• Thread starter Thread starter KaitlinM1
  • Start date Start date
K

KaitlinM1

I've tried looking online for any sort of help on this and all I could find was that there might've been a corrupted file that caused this to happen (I have not downloaded anything new so this doesn't make sense). The System Restore solution does not work, it brings me an error that says it cannot retrieve that restore state. This issue just happened today (August 9, 2019) but it was completely fine a week ago. I have no idea why this happened, the only changes I see is that the Microsoft Edge shows up as if Im using it for the first time, and that under the File Explorer > This PC > Users a new folder was made TODAY labeled "TEMP" with all the content inside showing its date modified as today as well. A couple of random programs I had were removed, and some stayed. When I look into my users folder, the missing programs are listed under that folder, and my videos are showing in that folder too, but my photos and everything else are all gone.

My restore point also shows that a "critical" windows update was installed on August 3rd, which was the last time I previously used my computer. It was fine on that today. Logged in today and everything is gone.

I think my pc assumes Im in an temporary account, but I've logged into my usual personal account with no problem, and shows that I am logged in. Or the darn windows update ruined everything, l wouldn't be surprised. Windows updates usually mess something up.

Continue reading...