Ethernet default gateway issue on ETHERNET only

• Thread starter Thread starter 00Wales
  • Start date Start date

00Wales

Hello, so the issue i have is my internet connection will drop out under very specific circumstances under ethernet. I can use a browser and watch a youtube video absoultely fine, with no interuption, but if i load up a Zoom meeting then the connection will drop out. When i troubleshoot it says the default gateway was unavailable, it fixes it and the internet works again until i load both youtube and zoom. It also happens the other way around, i can be on a zoom meeting, working completely fine but as soon as i load a browser the connection drops. I should point out that these issues don't occur on WiFi. I need to connect via Ethernet as i am trying to jam online with a band using a program called Jamulus and it requires an ethernet connection to keep everyone in sync.

So far i have tried:
*Updating drivers
*Rolling back drivers
*Deleting drivers
*Using alternative drivers
*Reset Network settings
*Made sure i have no Mcafee products
*Turned off power saving features on network adapter
*Tried it at a friends house on their router
*Tried different ethernet cables

Im using an Acer Aspire E1-571 on Windows 10. Any suggestions or comments from anyone who has encountered and solved this issue would be most welcome. It seems pretty unique in that it works fine one one program until i use an additional program/application and that creates the issue.

Continue reading...

Back