Escape, Fn, F3, F5, F6, F7, F9, F10, F11 keys nowt working/only working under specific circumstances

• Thread starter Thread starter Ahnaf Ahmed
  • Start date Start date
A

Ahnaf Ahmed

I'm have a very strange issue with my keyboard recently. I noticed during this week that my escape and Fn keys weren't working well. I have an acer aspire s13 and I use the Fn + up arrow shortcut to increase volume and down arrow to decrease volume. Escape I use in numerous menus to close them as well as using the ctrl+shift+esc shortcut for task manager, neither of these shortcuts seem to work anymore. I assumed this was a hardware issue but through some messing I somehow managed to fiure out that using Fn+alt+(other key) made my Fn shortcuts for increasing/decreasing volume and turning off the touchpad work. I tried with esc but ctrl+shift+esc+alt didn't seem to work. However the alt+esc shortcut for going to the last open window does work.

I tried restarting my computer numerous times as well as checking for updates, trying to update keyboard drivers, uninstalling keyboard drivers, and nothing seems to work. If anyone could help shed some light on this I'd be incredibly grateful as this has me tearing my hair out right now.

Continue reading...

Back