Do you know that you have nasty bug in Windows 10 which is associated with exchanged options for plug-unplug state of power supply for laptops?

• Thread starter Thread starter EmilEnchev1978
  • Start date Start date
E

EmilEnchev1978

After a last Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231 on 07 October 2020 I noticed that my "Red Dead Redemption 2" suddenly began to have reduced performance and from 40-50 frames per seconds it drop literally 2-3 fps with massive stuttering. In few hours of trying to fix the problem unsuccessfully I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home with the same result.

I turned for help to Rockstar Gaming Support, but again after 8 hours chat with them and countless re-installations of the Nvidia driver 456.71 which also released on 07 October 2020 the problem continued.

So, the strangest thing in this case is that neither Rockstar Support nor I noticed where the problem was for this almost every second crash of the game. A few hours after talking to them, I asked myself the question "Which 'vibrates' at a frequency of 1Hz in your operating system and stutter my RDR2 game?" The answer was clear, especially after noticing that my monitor was slightly darkened. Your windows installer does not install driver for "Intel(R) HD Graphics 630" and use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead with refresh rate 1.000Hz - and I'm sure that I am no exception.

d8d14297-0a4c-4587-9cce-6b9ee881a65a?upload=true.pngAnd if you think that's the end of my problems, you're greatly mistaken. The stuttering of my RDR2 game vanish, but my performance become not more than 17-20 frame per second (instead 40-50 fps, before Oct 7). There was something else that prevents my games from developing maximal performance and it's definitely Windows 10's fault. Again Rockstar Support are not able to help me, and again many people think that my "weak" laptop is to blame for it.

Then I wondered "what happens when you plug-in the charger into the laptop and the battery is full?" A simple question with a surprising answer. What happens is that you find a 'new' bug in Windows 10power settings scheme.

When you are plug-in

a0ad451e-27f9-463b-86de-d5be9cd5dc4e?upload=true.png

But when your computer is only on battery:

1d2e599f-12e1-49a3-8cac-e377026112ca?upload=true.png

So, can you answer my questions "Which Microsoft 'genius' has decided that a laptop with a charger plugged in must operate in power saving mode but on battery in maximum performance?"

Which option in the registers should I change to compensate for this bug?

Continue reading...

Back