DFS error 2004 & 2014

• Thread starter Thread starter einsteinyin
  • Start date Start date
E

einsteinyin

Hello,

I met a DFS replication issue recently, when I try to starup the DFS service and running for a while, the system will show an error event 2004 and 2104. Actually I have searched for some solutions on the internet, what I have done is trying to use command "chkdsk E: /F /R" to the fix the disk issue and it also finished. After that I am trying to re-startup the DFS server , it still has the same errors. Some solutions mentioned that the DFS database should be recovered, I have no idea if anything related, if it is the case, how can I recover this issue? I am not familiar on the DFS, if someone can provide me detailed steps , that would be appreciated!

My environment and issue is on the Server-B E: volume

1. Only two ways replications

3. Server-A(Win2012 R2 STD) replicated volume F:\ mounted from a storage with deduplication function; Totally space : 19.9T Free Space: 10.08T

3. Server-B(Win2012 R2 STD) replicated volume E:\ mounted from a storage with deduplication function; Totally space : 15.9T Free Space: 6.59T

DFS report below
Volume E: Full or faulty.
Affected copied folders: Transportation Technology Department (new)
Description: The DFS Replication service has stopped replication on volume E:. This failure can occur if the disk is full, the disk fails, or the quota limit has been reached. Event ID: 2004
Last time: November 18, 2019 at 14:24:06 (GMT8:00)
Suggested action: Increase the free disk space on the specified volume or move the copied folder to another volume. See the information about disk space under the Information section of the "Disk Space Used by Replicated Folders" table.

Database issues are preventing replication on volume E:.
Affected copied folders: Transportation Technology Department (new)
Description: The DFS Replication service failed to recover from an internal database error on volume E:. All replicated folders on this volume have been stopped before the database is automatically rebuilt. If the database is successfully rebuilt, the replication will resume after the rebuild is complete. If the database cannot be rebuilt, a separate event will be generated. If you find this error appears more than twice in seven days, it is recommended that you run Chkdsk on the volume that contains the database. Event ID: 2104
Last time: November 18, 2019 at 14:24:06 (GMT8:00)
Suggested action: For information about resolving this issue, see the Microsoft website.

Anybody can help on this case? Thanks for your kindly support!!

Continue reading...

Back