Default Gateway Not Available

• Thread starter Thread starter Tater1212
  • Start date Start date
T

Tater1212

I am staying with family for the time being and have run into issues with my internet connection. While I remain connected to the wireless network continuously, my internet connection cuts out periodically. When this happens, I run the windows troubleshooter, which gives the message "default gateway not available" - fixed. It often also detects that there's an issue with my wireless adapter or access point or a broken connection between my access point, router, or cable modem and the internet. The router has been recently replaced and reconnected, plus, the other devices in the house don't seem to have any issues. This happens at random intervals, but at least once per hour, sometimes once every five minutes. I used to have no issues with my connection in my apartment or at friends' houses, but for about two weeks here, I have been unable to stay connected to the internet without the troubleshooter resetting the wifi adapter.

I've tried ipconfig/renew/release/flush dns, updating my network adapter driver, switching my network adapter driver, resetting modem and router, netshell resets, uninstalling McAfee, and adjusting power management options, but none of it fixes my issue. I'm tearing my hair out at this point and would be very grateful for any help anyone can offer!!

Continue reading...

Back