DC (2016) replication issues after DC removal

• Thread starter Thread starter AngeloGibertoni
  • Start date Start date
A

AngeloGibertoni

Hi All,

I had a couple of DCs (2012) that needed to be removed manually from the domain, and then I seized the FSMO roles on one of the DCs server, and am now left with 2 DCs (2016).

I did a metadata clean on with NTDSUTIL, cleaned up DNS, removed the servers from Users and Computer console and from Sites and Services console as well as any reference in the replication topology.

Everything seems ok, when I check with repadmin and ntdsutil

C:\Users\administrator>repadmin /replsummary
Replication Summary Start Time: 2018-09-13 12:52:10

Beginning data collection for replication summary, this may take awhile:

Source DSA largest delta fails/total %% error
DC01 56m:33s 0 / 5 0
DC02 56m:09s 0 / 5 0

Destination DSA largest delta fails/total %% error
DC01 56m:10s 0 / 5 0
DC02 56m:34s 0 / 5 0

select operation target: list servers in site
Found 2 server(s)
0 - CN=DC02,CN=Servers,CN=Cloud,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=communitypurpose,DC=org
1 - CN=DC01,CN=Servers,CN=Cloud,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=communitypurpose,DC=org
select operation target:

However, in the event log on both servers I keep getting error message 4612 where both servers are looking for the servers that have been removed (one is looking for DC03 and the other for DC04):

The DFS Replication service initialized SYSVOL at local path C:\Windows\SYSVOL\domain and is waiting to perform initial replication. The replicated folder will remain in the initial synchronization state until it has replicated with its partner DC03.communitypurpose.org. If the server was in the process of being promoted to a domain controller, the domain controller will not advertise and function as a domain controller until this issue is resolved. This can occur if the specified partner is also in the initial synchronization state, or if sharing violations are encountered on this server or the sync partner. If this event occurred during the migration of SYSVOL from File Replication service (FRS) to DFS Replication, changes will not replicate out until this issue is resolved. This can cause the SYSVOL folder on this server to become out of sync with other domain controllers.

Additional Information:

Replicated Folder Name: SYSVOL Share

Replicated Folder ID: 3AAF0945-018D-42B4-B7F1-29580E9CAB85

Replication Group Name: Domain System Volume

Replication Group ID: 66F96F45-9409-480F-94AD-69D458DA773C

Member ID: 51EADE74-8267-45AE-AC68-B2C7BA50B558

Read-Only: 0

Anyone has any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back