Cross-Premise navigation link not working in Exchange Control Panel in a hybrid solution

• Thread starter Thread starter KeroBPer
  • Start date Start date
K

KeroBPer

Hi,

We have had a hybrid solution in place for over a year now with Exchange 2013 and Exchange online,

We have a 365 tenant and users mailboxes on Exchange online.

For me and the rest of my team we can access the Exchange Online control panel via the office 365 Cross-premise link at the top left of the on premise ECP

I have now granted members of our service desk the same limited permissions on exchange online as they have on premise (Not Org Admins) but when they click on the cross-premise link it just brings them to a page to sign-up (Not Sign-in) all of the service desk users have on premise mailboxes and F3 licenses for office 365 to give them access to teams.

If they go to Sign in to Outlook they are able to log in and access the exchange online control panel, but this is not acceptable for them, they need to have the cross premise link working.

Am I missing a background permission on office 365 for these users or is there an additional exchange role that they need in order to access office 365 via the cross-premise link?

the roles they have at the moment are;

Distribution Groups
Mail Enabled Public Folders
Mail Recipients
Security Group Creation and Membership
User Options
View-Only Recipients

Continue reading...

Back