'Critical Process Died' Every Time

• Thread starter Thread starter ArchieBailey12
  • Start date Start date
A

ArchieBailey12

Hi,

What started as what I think was a memory management issue has spiraled into an endless loop of Critical Process Died BSOD. It all started this morning after my PC blue screened while I was gaming. I looked into the event viewer and the error was related to Kernerl32.dll. After some troubleshooting, I narrowed it down to a memory issue after going into 'This PC', right clicking on each drive and clicking on 'error check', to which one of them said something along the lines of a 'memory problem'. My Windows was up to date with the latest updates and I had the latest graphics card driver. I did some more research and saw several suggestions to install free software that would search my PC and update any other drivers that may not be up to date. I downloaded 'Bit Driver Updater' and it found 4 drivers to update which I did. I also went into Windows driver verifier and followed some suggested troubleshoot steps there. After that restart, it took me to the Windows login page but as I went to type in my PIN it blue screened and I haven't been able to get past the blue screen since. I have come across blue screens saying 'win32kbase.sys' and 'system service exception' but more recently all I get it 'critical_process_died'.

I have tried various options in advanced options to no avail. Chkdsk says 'no problems' although it also says 'failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6'. Scannow says 'windows resource protection could not perform requested operation'. DSIM says 'an initilisation error occurred'. I have tried the two options regarding uninstalling latest build and feature updates but no luck with that, it says it was unable to run or something along those lines. I also tried downloading Windows onto a USB and going through the 'repair this PC' option but again no such luck, it says 'startup repair couldn't repair your PC'. Finally, I have tried the command BOOTREC /scannos and it says 'total identified windows installations: 0'. It sounds like something has gone badly wrong and my only option is to try the 'Reset PC' option? Any other advice or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Archie.

Continue reading...