Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Cal Y
  • Start date Start date
C

Cal Y

Hi,

I have spent multiple days on this now and I am at a loss of what to do. It started with sharp loud crackling/beeps when listening to audio through platforms such as Twitch, Reddit, Twitter and the occasional YouTube video. I have since noticed imperfections in multiple images while browsing.

These problems exist in Edge and Chrome, and I have also tried FireFox, which instead just keeps crashing tabs on me.

List of things that are broken:

Audio in browser plays constant loud crackling/beeps

• YouTube sound has no issues when it is using Opus codec on both Edge and Chrome.
  • Videos on Reddit and Twitter also play these sharp sounds
  • Certain videos on YouTube play these sharp sounds
  • Videos that are stored locally on my machine do not play these sharp sounds.

Unable to access device manager due to administrator locking me out from accessing mcc.exe (I have verified I am on an administrator account, I am also the only account on the machine)

Windows Update produces error 0x80080005 when looking for new updates

Manually downloading the latest windows update from Microsoft will complete the download, and undo changes after it restarts my machine.

Booting into my dual-boot Ubuntu 18.04 on a separate disk drive also had the same issues.

What I have tried:

Running powershell in administrator with the following commands:

• sfc /scannow (Please forgive the phone camera picture, Snip & Sketch crashed my computer when I tried to take a snapshot.)

a8ad5b90-3ce3-4b9c-80cd-469726ee937c?upload=true.jpg

• Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

f7adb363-e277-453a-84e2-20d2b4f8e91a?upload=true.jpg

I have also removed all extra components such as my GPU, other hard drives other than the OS, installing a clean version of windows, formatting my drive completely. I have tried multiple times to install windows through USB but my machine always fails at installing windows. I had to have someone else install windows onto my drive through USB on their machine, and then I put the drive back into my machine in order to access a functioning windows OS.

Examples of Audio/Image imperfections. (Be warned the audio in the video is loud, I suggest turning your volume very low.)

Picture imperfections:

22fcce9f-9ef8-4655-972e-e2bfd4ac322a?upload=true.jpg

Loud Audio Crackling/Beeping:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqZTla56Cc&feature=youtu.be

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if it's a codec problem, a windows problem, or a hardware problem.

Thanks

Cal

Continue reading...

Back