Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

• Thread starter Thread starter Simolic
  • Start date Start date
S

Simolic

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Hey guys I'm having a weird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiple things and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Parts are -[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H ( New Purchase)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Ram: (2x8) 16GB DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz ( New Purchase)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]PSU: EVGA 110-BQ-0600-K1 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze 600W, Semi Modular[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super N166SOC-6GD 6GB, I also tried a GTX 1070 that works 100% on another system.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Just randomly shuts off when I'm playing games, I've tried to play AC:Origins and ME:Andromeda. The funny thing is that it lasts longer when I'm playing it at native 2k. Normally I play it at 1080p where the pc usually sits.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Here is what I've tried so far-[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Updated BIOS to the newest version F6e, and changed the XMP profile to 1 to ramp up the RAM, I believe someone said the pc power cycled because it was trying to find an even ground for the ram and CPU speed.(still turned off with or without profile).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Did a Superposition Benchmark test and it ran fine! I ran it at 4k and 8k just to see if it might be a heating issue. Monitored it with MSI afterburner and the temps never went above normal. It never turned off.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Did a Stress Test with Prime95 and the pc was chugging but the CPU never reached temps that were bad and ram stayed high usage but again, nothing happened i left it running for another 20 mins and it never turned off.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Ran both SB and Prime95 at the same time, SB ran really choppy, but again it never turned off or closed the program or anything weird, just ran supper bad.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]So I thought hmm maybe I fixed it without knowing. loaded into AC:Odysee and 15 mins in my PC turned off... No idea why.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Lastly I downloaded WhoCrashed, and I got[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]On Wed 2/17/2021 8:30:07 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\NDIS-20210217-0830.dmp[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]This was probably caused by the following module: ndis.sys (ndis!NdisReleaseNicActive+0xB1D)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Bugcheck code: 0x15E (0x25, 0x23, 0xFFFFDC8253EFC268, 0x1010E)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Error: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER_LIVE_DUMP[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndis.sys[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]company: Microsoft Corporation[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]description: Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Bug check description: NDIS has captured a live kernel dump. NDIS does not generate a bug check in this situation.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]I'm not sure what this means or if it has anything related to power turning off, but it turns off regardless if i'm connected to the internet or not.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Another thing is that the HDD runs at 100% usage after booting back up from a shutdown but if i reset it goes to normal usage. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the power turning off either.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]I know its not the temperatures because I monitored the temps for both CPU and GPU and they never go above normal before shut down. I just built this system maybe 5 months back and haven't had issues until 2 months ago. Before that it ran anything and everything fine, including GTA, ME:Andromeda, Borderlands 3, and a few other games. Any Ideas would be appreciated, been banging my head all day. I have parts to swap out for everything as I have 3 other systems that work 100% fine but nothing seems to have worked.[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back