Computer freeze after starting

• Thread starter Thread starter Zenbetchi Metadori
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zenbetchi Metadori

Hello dear members, three days ago my computer started freezing after loging in, here is the details and i hope you can help me fix it.

My laptop was doing fine, i didn't install new applications or updates and every thing was in order but recently what happen is when i log in and desktop shows up the computer goes in unresponsive state :

i can move the mouse cursor, i can see the highlight effect but i can't open anything. This goes on until i can't select or see the highlight effect, only the mouse keeps working, keyborad keys don't work also tried pressing Ctrl alt delete but nothing happens. Sometimes i can still open start menu but even shutdown comand is unresponsive. This doesnt happen instantaneously it might take 1 or 2 minutes before going in this state. The laptop looks like down, i can't hear fan noise or any signal thats it's working, the only way is to shutdown by pressing the power button . i need to mention also that it's so slow that it takes 15 minutes to start.

Here is what i tried to solve this in order :

1. Disconnected keyboard and mouse, no effects.
  2. Run automatic repair, it failed to repair the problem.
  3. uninstalled windows last updates, didnt do anything.
  4. i run windows defender scan with another anti malware app but no threat was found (i did this on the only time the probleme didn't occur )
  5. Run sfc scannow and chkdsk /r for both my c and d drives but no errors were found.
  6. deactivate all non windows services .
  7. boot in safemode, the crash didn't occur so i did a couple of things : i updated windows, updated my browser and uninstalled display drivers for both my graphic cards and run a memory diagnostic (no errors found )

After step six the crash became less persistant so if i just dont do anything and let the pc takes its time it might not happen yet it did occur one time after 2 hours of using the computer .

What i noticed :

• Booting is too slow and the computer cant detect the mouse fast (but touchpad works)
  • i tried opening task manager and it shows high disk usage (90 100 %) at first but it goes normal if nothing happens (system and windows antimalware exe are responsible for high usage)
  • moving the mouse in the welcome screen makes it crash for a second then back to normal
  • i can notice that the crash is coming if it took sometime with the HDD led off
  • Last thing, when i checked ram diagnostic system log i noticed the last logs before the crash in the past days, there is always a big numbers of error logs with source DistributedCom folowed sometimes with other ones with source disk

There were time when i got similar problem but a disk check or uninstalling updates helped solve the problem.

i can post some of these logs if needed, i hope this will be fixed or i will just have to fully restart the system.

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back