C drive filling up for no reason / AppData

• Thread starter Thread starter NesquikDab
  • Start date Start date
N

NesquikDab

Hey people, I kinda have a big problem with my boot drive. I don't know much about this kinda stuff, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have 2 drives on my pc: A 250gb boot drive (C:) and a 2TB data drive (D:). The C: Drive only contains stuff like videos & downloads, plus 1 or 2 games that I play frequently, and I always try to keep about 50gb free, and put everything else on my D: drive.

Today I was downloading a document for my online schooling, which was only like 100kb & noticed that my C: drive had gone from 50gb to only 10. After double checking that nothing was downloading in the background (nothing on steam, battlenet, origin, etc.) I just sat there refreshing & watching as the disk just kept filling up until there was only about 10 or so megabytes of space left. I did all the windows troubleshooting, followed online tutorials did multiple virus scans with Trend-micro, and couldn't find anything.

However, according to Windows storage, games on my C: drive were taking 113gb, which isn't right since the only games on my C: drive are CS:GO and Escape from Tarkov, which both combined take up ~50gb of space. Every other file was around ~100mb or less, which only added up to about an extra 10 or so gb. So basically, there's an extra 40GB worth of games on my C: drive which just downloaded out of nowhere (apparently.) There were no updates for either of those games, so it's not due to that.

I ended up manually right clicking & checking the properties of every single file on my C: drive, and eventually found that my AppData under my user file took up 100gb of storage. Could this be the problem? If it is, is there a way to move it onto my D: drive? Any other ideas on how i can fix it?

Please help :)

Continue reading...

Back