BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

• Thread starter Thread starter Tino J
  • Start date Start date
T

Tino J

I set my computer to sleep one night, forgetting that there was a Windows Update I could install. I hadn't scheduled the update so windows would update when I restart or shut down my laptop.

The next morning, I opened my laptop and I was met with the BSOD with an error message of PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR. My laptop then went to the System Recovery screen with all the options. I'll list what I've tried and the results.

DISCLAIMERS:

1) I'm sure a factory reset would fix my problems, but I want to avoid doing a factory reset if at all possible.

2) I don't have any USB/Flash Drives at the moment, but if a method using one would fix my problems, I'll try as soon as I have access to one.

1. Continue to Windows 10 - My laptop goes to the BSOD and then goes back to recovery mode

2. Start-up Repair - My laptop goes to the SRT screen where it diagnoses and attempts to repair errors. After around 1 hour, it goes to a blue screen with text saying that it failed and I should check the log files. I checked the log files, and there are two repair actions that failed. Image of failed section: Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

3. Startup Settings - I tried all 3 Safe Mode boots as well as the Low-Resolution boot (just as a random attempt) and each time it brings me back to the BSOD then Recovery Mode screen.

4. Command Prompt - I've tried a few things, but I'm open to try more stuff. One of the things I tried is in this post: BSOD. Cannot boot, safemode or system restore - Windows Crashes and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Help and Support. I removed all my Corsair drivers because I have a Corsair mouse and that seemed to be the issue in the post, but the author didn't have the same error code as me, so I'm not too surprised it didn't work. If it would solve my problems but I just need to find a faulty driver (I'm not sure if there are any, I just tried this because the author of the post was having the same symptoms as me, he didn't have the same error code as me. I have no idea if my problems have anything to do with faulty drivers.)

5. Uninstall Updates - I've tried uninstalling both the latest Feature Update and the Quality Update, but they both fail. The error message I get it: "We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest [Quality/Feature] update of Windows.

6. System Image Recovery - I have no system images that I can use to recover. "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer."

7. System Restore - I have two restoration points, one for the 12/2/21 and the 15/2/21, but they both fail an have the same result. Here is an image of the pop up I get once it fails: Pasteboard - Uploaded Image.

Please, if you have any solution to this please tell me.

Disclaimers again:

1) I don't want to factory reset.

2) I have no USB or Flash Drives but I will access to some soon so if you have a solution that requires a USB, please tell me.

Thank you,

Tino J

Continue reading...