BSOD Errors in new laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter PiyushVishwakarma
  • Start date Start date
P

PiyushVishwakarma

I was facing performance issues with my previous laptop, as well as various BSODs, so I got this new laptop. It arrived only 3 days before I was writing this.

Here are the details of the new laptop:

Name: Lenovo IdeaPad Slim5i (15.6")

Proccessor: Intel 11th Gen i5-1135G7

RAM: 8GB

Storage: 1TB HHD + 256GB SSD

OS version: 20H2

OS build: 19042.746

Serial number: PF24H0WA

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

The previous day during the afternoon, I was transferring my data from my old laptop to my new one, and after the transfer completed I left it idle for a while. But all of a sudden I noticed my Laptop's screen go all blue and noticed a BSOD had occurred. The error stated was: "Kmode Exception Not Handled". After that my laptop restarted successfully and I was good to go.

Later at midnight, 2 separate windows of Windows Explorer were open on the laptop but no data transfer was happening. Again a BSOD occurs. This time the error stated was: "System Thread Exception Not Handled". Again my laptop restarted successfully.

After the laptop had rebooted, I ran a full scan of the laptop using the pre-installed McAfee Live Safe Free Trial version and found 3 threats. The Anti-Virus software fixed the issues then and there itself.

Earlier in the morning of the day that I was writing this query I was attending my class on Microsoft Teams and was recording the Teams session using the Windows Games capture option. Again all of a sudden a BSOD occurs and this time the error stated was: "Interrupt Exception Not Handled".

So, to sum it all up I have faced 3 BSODs in my 3 days old laptop and they are as follows:

7 Feb-

AfterNoon: KMODE Exception Not Handled

MidNight: System Thread exception not Handled

8 Feb-

Morning: Interrupt Exception Not Handled

Kindly look into the issue and direct me as to what shall I do.

Thank You.

Continue reading...

Back