BSOD constantly occurring - ntoskrnl.exe and related - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED plus myriad others

• Thread starter Thread starter D Maxwell
  • Start date Start date
D

D Maxwell

Hi,

My PC has been suffering BSoD's and GSoD's for over a month now. They seem to be completely random, happen when I'm running any combination of software.

I've tried reinstalling windows on 3 different HDD's, connected to different sata ports. My original drive is an nvme drive. I have unplugged all peripherals, changed keyboard and mouse, re-seated my GPU, CPU cooler, used alternate DIMM slots for my RAM, all to no avail.

I have tried running the PC bare, with only the 2004 update installed by the installation media, it still crashed after a few hours. I have run Win Update, updated all drivers from manufacturers site. Still multiple crashes.

None of my hardware monitors are showing overheating, no overclocking has been done, not even XMP, these crashes occur while my CPU and GPU are completely idle too.

I've been using WhoCrashed, WINDBG, DriverView, BlueScreenView and MiniToolbox to try and identify and incorrectly functioning drivers. No joy. Each crash seems to mention different programs that could be the culprit, but it always seems to come back to ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

I have run memtest64 and memtest86. I've only recently started collecting minidumps, so I only currently have the last 6, I have shared them in my OneDrive.

CrashDumps

I am at my wits end. I've read countless similar stories on these forums, I've tried all your recommendations, and I'm genuinely baffled.

I'm heavily leaning towards this being a hardware fault, but all the dumps and errors keep pointing to software issues. Saying that, I have had quite a few reboots where no BSoD has shown and no dump file has been written.

Any advice will be GREATFULLY received.

Most recent from WhoCrashed:

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 23/09/2020 23:22:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092320-7796-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F3EA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 23/09/2020 23:22:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x47539)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Continue reading...