Battery is fully charged but shuts down when not plugged in

• Thread starter Thread starter MaxSkinner
  • Start date Start date
M

MaxSkinner

My laptop will only work when the AC cable is plugged in. Battery fully charged, can't power on. I believe my computer settings was hacked and my power supply was changed. I can plug my battery cord into my laptop and get a Fully Charge 100% reading. I can't power on when on battery even though it's fully charged. Nothing happens when pressing power button. Can only power on when plugged in. If I unplug power cord, laptop completely shuts down. My

• I have my Power Option as the same and optimal so that hasn't changed. I have always had my computer plugged into the AC cable with only a small time running on battery power only.
  • My Laptop Battery is fine as my computer is able to charge it up to 100% but when I unplug my battery isn't taking over after being unplugged from an electrical outlet. I have never seen a message of "Consider replacing your battery."
  • I download MicrosoftFixit.power.RNP.Run to help but was denied access then promoted the DiagCab Diagnostic Troubleshooting Wizard. DIAG_MATS_NETWORK_global. application. This brought me to Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service Diagnostic. I clicked and ran this program. Problem found "Check for connection to URLs used in SDP Service. Detected. ---> "Explore additional Option" was then clicked. Search Help and Support was done This is also the same information found at http://windows.microsoft.com/bs-Latn-BA/windows7/Solutions-to-common-battery-problems did not resolve the problem.
  • I went my Device Manager and clicked on Battery and attempted to update driver software of Microsoft AC Adapter, Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and Microsoft Composite Battery but all were up to date. I also Scan for Hardware changes and ruled that out. Status Device was "This device is working properly."
  • I can place my computer is sleep mode but when unplugged from AC cable it does not maintain power despite a Fully charged (100%) icon on my task-bar. My data is not saved and I have the standard message that from Windows from a process was un-expected shutdown and was not properly shut down but Windows 7 has no problems of restoring. My web browser Mozilla Firefox was also able to maintain the same tabs as well.
  • Calibrate a Battery. When my laptop was not plugged into the AC cable, I have allowed it to drain down and then plugged into a power supply electrical wall outlet and watch the power go back to 100%. My Power Management Settings are also set up as optimal for warnings at 10% and 7% and shut downs with Critical Battery at 5%.

Continue reading...

Back